Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pillow Box Project

Hello crafty friends! I am very excited to show you my first project created using Close my My Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge! I was ecstatic when CTMH released it in the Autumn/Winter 2011 Idea Book! There are over 700 images on this cartridge and the project I am going to show you today uses only three of those! Are you excited yet?!? Well, here it is!



This adorable pillow box is just one of the many favor boxes on the Art Philosophy cartridge. All products used in this project are from CTMH. The pillow box was cut at 6" using B&T Duos paper from the Typeset paper packet. There are little score lines that are cut for you making the folding super easy! I then cut the three flowers at 3 1/2", 3", and 2 1/2" using Vineyard Berry and Creme Brulee cardstock. When you cut the flowers, they are just flat spirals. You have to curl them around something skinny like a piercing tool and glue them into place. I had to mess with mine a bit before I got them to the shape I wanted. I will do a seperate post on the 3D flowers as they can be a bit tricky at first! The little gems inside the flowers are Adhesive Mocha Opaques. I knew I wanted some sort of generic saying to include on the outside. I cut the ribbon slide tag at 1" in Juniper. I then stamped the "Celebrate" in Desert Sand ink. The "Celebrate" is from the Art Philosophy Celebration stamp set. I then slide the tag onto a piece of Colonial White ribbon and tied it around the box into a loose bow so the pillow box is easy to open!

I just love, love, LOVE how this project turned out! I was honestly surprised how easy and non-time consuming this project was to put together! August is the absolute perfect month to purchase the Art Philosophy cartridge as CTMH is running TONS of specials! Contact me at handcraftedwh@gmail.com to purchase your own today! I will be showing you more projects using the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge very soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment