Thursday, August 11, 2011

August CTMH Stamp of the Month



I'll be honest, when I first got Close to My Heart's, CTMH, August Stamp of the Month, SOM, my first thought was, "what in the world am I going to do with this?!?" After looking at the set a little closer I realized that I could do a lot that wasn't necessarily "Halloween!" I thought the above card, which measures at 4" x 3 3/4", could be given as a motivational card. To stamp just the bottom half of the witch, I "masked" the image by placing a handy post-it note on only the top half of the stamp. I stamped the phrase on a small piece of sweet leaf cardstock from CTMH and "popped" the image up by placing foam tape under it. I also used a decorative corner rounder on the edges. The decorative border along the bottom and on the inside was also a stamp from this set.

The fun little accordion flower turned out oh-so-cute but was sort of a pain to make! I cut a strip of petal CTMH cardstock 3/8" wide by 7" long. I then used my Martha Stewart scoreboard to score the strip every 1/4 of an inch. You then fold the paper back and forth at the score lines and glue the ends together. Make sure you use a SUPER strong adhesive or it won't stay! The hard part is getting the flower to stay flat! You just have to mess with it for awhile to make sure it lays flat and sticks to the card. I then stuck a little bling in the center using a glue dot.

The purple (petal), green (sweet leaf), and blue (twilight) papers along with the stamp set and ink are CTMH products. If you are interested in ordering any of the products used in the above project, contact me via e-mail or facebook! I hope you enjoyed this project using the August SOM from CTMH!

No comments:

Post a Comment