Tuesday, August 16, 2011

August SOM Layout

Hello crafters! In my last post I talked quite a bit about Close to My Heart's August Stamp of the Month, Wicked! I have been working on a scrapbook for my niece and nephew and had yet to make the Halloween layout for little Olivia's book. I decided that this stamp set was perfect for the task! I took the photos on my i-phone, again, and during the evening, so the colors didn't show up very well. Keep reading for more details on the layout!


The title on this page was cut using the Mini Monsters cricut cartridge at 11" wide. I use my gypsy (cricut handheld design gadget) the majority of the time so I apologize that I didn't jot down the height measurement (the height is what you would enter if you were cutting directly on your cricut). It doesn't show well in this photo but the orange is actually the pearlescent paper from Wal-mart again (LOVE it)! All of the remainder of the cardstock is CTMH. The fun witch in the middle is from the Wicked stamp set (August SOM). I wet embossed it with gloss embossing powder (I'll add more details about wet emboss stamping at a later date) and love how it turned out! The border along the bottom was made using, you guessed it, a Martha Stewart Halloween punch! I believe if you click on the picture you can enlarge and zoom in if you'd like to see more detail.


Now onto the right side of the layout! Lets start in the top corner. The little witches hat and broom are also from the Wicked stamp set from CTMH stamped using black ink. To make the broom, I simply masked the bottom part of the stamp so I would only stamp the handle. I then cut several pieces of hemp and tied them together. I originally attached the bristles with a glue dot but it wouldn't hold so I used some liquid glass from CTMH and it stuck like cement! The little purple "goop" in the top and bottom corners opposite each other are actually the "trash" from where I punched the border on the previous page, I thought they worked out perfect! I use every little scrap I can when I paper craft! The "I want my Mummy" phrase was also cut using the Mini Monsters cricut cartridge at 3" high. The cute little mummy was cut with the same cartridge at 3 1/2". The purple (gypsy), green (pear), black, and teal (lagoon) are all CTMH cardstock colors.

I hope you enjoyed this layout as much as I do and found some creative inspiration! Don't forget that the only time you can order the CTMH August stamp set, wicked, is in August so don't delay, contact me to order today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment