Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Custom Name Frame




I'll start by apologizing for the photo quality. I don't have a good camera to take photos of my work with so this will have to do for now! Some of you have seen this project already but I wanted to add some more detail as to what I used to complete it. The above name frames were made for my niece, Olivia Nicole! I used the Create a Critter cricut cartridge for most of the "critters" and the Songbird cricut cartridge for all of the letters. On the Nicole frame, the caterpillar was made by punching five 1 1/4" circles and the butterfly is a Martha Stewart punch. The grass was made using a Friskars punch.

Most of the paper is a pearl paper that I got at Wal-mart. I'm not sure if Wal-mart still sells it but I LOVE it! One piece of advice, pearlescent paper does NOT stick well on cricut mats so it's best to use a newer mat that's still super sticky or your paper will move on you! I like to roll a rubber brayer over the pearlescent paper once it's on the mat to make sure that the paper really sticks. Also, pearl paper is typically very thick so make sure that you have your blade depth set to 6 and your pressure on either 4 or 5; I almost always keep my speed on 5 unless I'm cutting something very intricate. As you can see from the bottom picture, I chose colors that matched the bedding in the nursery. If you have any other questions about this project or about ordering your own custom frame, don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail, facebook, or leave a comment below! Thanks for viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment